Thursday, December 03, 2009

The Most Important Event In Television History

Tonight is the premiere of MTV's Jersey Shore. This is the television show I didn't know I've been waiting for since I first met Tommy back in college. Sure, I never actually met him, but I met him and his friends and immediately fell in love in a completely hetero way.



Originally airing on November 20, 2003, I Have a Summer Share is unquestionably the greatest episode of True Life ever made. Whenever it came on MTV back in college, we had to watch it. It was too bad (in a really good way) to turn away.

Eventually, the episode went away. It became our white whale. Capturing it on my DVR was my roommate and my ultimate goal for years. At one point, it seemed like it was lost forever, but on December 13th of 2008, fate intervened. My girlfriend and I got up really early on a Saturday so we could drive to New York City for a holiday party with some friends. I woke up at 6am and turned on the television. For some reason I flipped over to MTV and there was Tommy in all his glory. It was like seeing an old friend.

And now tonight, a new cast of jerkoffs enter our lives. I know deep down that it won't be as magical or special as the original, but I'm sure I'll enjoy every moment of it.

Note: I don't care if this post sits here for 3 months (which it probably will). I Have A Summer Share is right up there with Poak Chops as far as I'm concerned.

9 comments:

cgb said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Les Goldwall said...

MTV-NJ: I have a show idea to pitch you. Guy on girl UFC fighting action. So hot right now.

Lauren said...

I thought this blog was //dead? what is going on here. and who are these commenters its like the comment section from hell.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bella said...

Nice! Happy new year to everyone, and a great 2011!

Faheem Zia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.